We will perform a criminal background and credit check on each adult applicant.
1. If you are employed, the amount of one month’s rent for the property you are applying for must not exceed 30% of your total gross monthly income.
2. If your monthly income is not from employment, the amount of one month’s rent for the property you are applying for must not exceed 40% of your total gross monthly income.
3. You must have consistent employment for at least one year prior to applying for a property and provide proof of employment or ability to pay such as, (but not limited to): Social Security, retirement, food stamps, unemployment, child support, etc…
4. You must have a good current and past landlord reference with NO EVICTIONS or OUTSTANDING BALANCE in the last five years. Mortgages in good standing, with a positive payment history, will be considered a good landlord reference.
5. You must not have any utilities in collections such as gas, electric, water, trash or sanitation.
6.Your total monthly debt repayment, plus the monthly rental amount for the property you are applying for, must not exceed 75% of your gross monthly income.
7. You must not have any bad checks or civil judgments in the last five years. We will review all other credit items that have been active in the past five years. Medical bills in collection, educational bills in deferment, or cable bills in collection will not be held against you. Bankruptcies and foreclosures will be taken under consideration.
8. You must not have any felony, (DRUG, VIOLENT ACT, PROPERTY CRIME, or PET REGISTRATION CONVICTIONS) within the last five years. Agora Property Management DOES NOT RENT TO INDIVIDUALS CONVICTED OF SEXUALLY ORIENTED OFFENSES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.